Personalized email turns "Dear Sir or Madam" into "Dear Bill" or "Dear Lucy".
Inserting a field to personalize your email or document
The insert Tab has a list of the Contact fields.
- Position the text cursor within your message where you wish to insert a contact field
- Click on the field in the "Personalize..." area to insert the field into your message at the text cursor position.
You can move or delete any of the inserted fields. They can be formatted like any other text.
What will my email REALLY look like to the recipient?
You can preview how the personalized email will look
- Click the View tab
- Click Preview Personalized Email in the Display area of the ribbon bar
- Note - return to the layout/editing view by selecting the Normal button
When Preview Personalized Email is selected, your personalized email will be displayed
- Use the buttons First, Previous, Next, and Last in the Personalize Using... area of the ribbon bar to see the personalized email for each of the attached contacts
- You cannot edit the personalized email - switch back by pressing Normal view to make changes to the message...
What will my personalized document look like?
You can preview AND CHANGE a personalized document before it is printed. For example, if some information in a contact's address is missing, you can edit the empty line in the document before it is printed.
Add a page break at the end of your document
Adding a page break at the end of a document will insure that each personalized message starts on a new page.