Desktop Sales Office v11.05 is released - one step closer to final release.
Desktop Sales Office got one step closer to a final release with version 11.05.
There were three overall goals with v11
- Integrate with the new My@Cloud CRM repository capability provided by this website
- Provide a cleaner, more intuitive user interface
- Providing reporting
Integration With My@Cloud
My@Cloud provides web based management of 2 free @Cloud databases and subscription access to more than two databases. Desktop Sales Office integration is now cleaner and more intuitive:
- Functionality in Desktop Sales Office was simplified because My@Cloud now handles a lot of the management of @Cloud databases - things like backups and password changes.
- @Cloud interactions in Desktop Sales Office were moved to the Backstage area and removed a lot of clutter from the more frequently used areas of the program.
A Cleaner And More Intuitive User Interface
- Revised, richer icons
- Reduction in dashboard-clutter by moving less used functions out of direct sight
- Use of Backstage area for file and option settings
- Backstage management of pipeline, template, and campaign files is clearer and easier
Oddly enough, the first step in adding reporting was to overhaul the outbound Email and Document capabilities. The core technology that will be used in reporting is the same technology that is the "writing surface" for Email and Documents. This Beta has significantly improved Email and Document creation capabilities:
- Microsoft WordPad-like user interface
- Asynchronous sending of outbound email improves reliability
- More visible and intuitive ways of personalizing message
- Richer capabilities for previewing what personalized documents will look like before they get sent
Left to do is reporting proper.
Reporting will add things both simple and complex. Simple as in printing contact and deal sheets, a calendar, and task lists. More complex includes traditional rows-and-columns reports for deals, contacts, appointments and tasks. This development is underway and coming along well.